The ESf Athletics department celebrated one of the most successful seasons in athletics history at the annual athletics banquet.
Highlights from the 2018-19 season include:
- Two individual USCAA national championships (Sean Barron - men's golf, Marissa Lathrop - women's cross country)
- Women's Cross Country USCAA national championship.
- Both the men's and women's soccer teams won the HVIAC conference championship
- The bass fishing team qualified three teams of anglers for the college national championship in Maryland
- The woodsmen team placed first overall at their home invitational
- The men's basketball team won the Barkeater's Cup in a thriliing game at the Carrier Dome vs Paul Smith's College
Individual team awards (most valuable player and most improved player) were also presented at the banquet (see award winners below). Senior George Beinetti won the inaguaral Bob Beary Creativity Award. This award named after Bob Beary, the athletic department's offficial photographer, will be presented annually to student-athletes who excel in a creative field outside of athletics. This year 42 student-athletes were nominated as USCAA Academic All-Americans (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher). 24 student-athletes were named USCAA Athletic All-Americans.
The banquet also featured a presentation about the new Mighty Oaks Hall of Fame induction program presented by Kevin Reynolds. The ESF Athletics department would like to thank the ESF Alumni Association for their generous support and donation to ESF student-athletes.
MVP-Ben Karlson,Eliza Phillips
MIP-Nathaniel Bauder, Shianne Linday
MVP- Cooper Weinman, Renee Perrotte
MIP-Matt Hoppe, Mallory Delanoy
MVP- Ethan Appelgren, Marissa Lathrop
MIP- James Boyd, Audrey Fatone, Cassidy Engleson
MVP- Howard Buck Haines, Marissa Lathrop
MIP –Sam Schneider, Julie Romano
MVP –Henry Pflaumer
MVP –Patrick Durand
MIP – Mitch Natalizio
MVP- Sean Barron