The Woodsmen's team opened its fall season at Finger Lakes Community College. The Mighty Oaks brought four teams comprising six people each who represented ESF in three divisions - men's, women's and Jack and Jill (co-ed).
Both the men's and women's A teams and the Jack- and-Jill team placed second out of four schools.
Highlights from the women's competition include:
- Sophomore Juliana Ofalt placed first in the pole climb event
- Juniors Kara Kryszczuk and Eliza Phillips won the doubles fire build
- The women's A team won the team crosscut and the team packboard relay
On the men's side:
- Junior Patrick Harrison and senior Jake Kelly won in the fire build event
- Senior Colin Cusick and junior Ben Karlson won the doubles crosscut
- Seniors Ethan Justinger and Zach Davis won the underhand chop
- Sophomore Will Chamberlain won the axe throw event
- The men's A team won three out of four team events - the log roll, team bow saw and team crosscut
The team travels to Paul Smith's College Oct. 21.